morph knitwear is a company committed to social, racial, and environmental justice. A portion of every purchase is donated to causes aligned with our ethos.
When you purchase a piece of Morph Knitwear, you're not only supporting a slow, handmade & sustainable clothing movement, you're also helping me to support causes in my immediate and wider communities that are aligned with my ethos of radical justice & realignment of power structures. Some of the organizations that I have donated to in the name of Morph Knitwear are:
- Marrow PDX - "...a youth-centered community space, with a focus on education, the arts, and activism."
- Street Roots - "Street Roots creates income opportunities for people experiencing homelessness and poverty by producing a newspaper and other media that are catalysts for individual and social change."
- The Decolonizer - "THE DECOLONIZER is a monthly grassroots publication that reports local and global news from the lens of decolonization. THE DECOLONIZER speaks from the margins and is unapologetically subversive in it's transgression of respectability and repressive control. It brings forth uncensored content on the intersections of race, class, gender, sexuality, indigeneity, and colonization."
- OPAL Environmental Justice Oregon - "Our mission: Building power for Environmental Justice and Civil Rights in our communities."
- Black Lives Matter - The grassroots activist group working to defend and protect black lives, fight for racial justice, and abolish black deaths at the hands of police.
- American Black Cross - The American Black Cross is a POC led volunteer activist group that provides relief after disaster in a deeply grassroots manner. They work directly with effected communities, cutting out any middle man/bureaucracy that is so often found in relief organizations in order to more effectively and efficiently support marginalized communities.
- Standing Rock Medic & Healer Council - The group responsible for coordinating medical care between all the groups that were at Standing Rock protecting the bodies of water there from the Dakota Access Pipeline Project. At the time of donation the camps at Standing Rock were still there, at this time they have been destroyed & evicted. The Medic & Healer fund is still working to provide support to movements of Indigenous resistance however. Click here for more information.
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette - My local branch of Planned Parenthood, providing healthcare and abortion services for populations in need.
Please continue financial support to these organizations if you are able (and if applicable), they are all causes that are fighting the difficult and lengthy fight to establish true social, racial, and environmental justice.